Thursday, September 1, 2011

GOSH Velvet Touch Lipstick in Darling, Shocking Coral - Review + Swatches

My GOSH saga continues with two Velvet Touch lipsticks!



I was sooooooo sososo excited about Darling! (I'm always looking for skin-colored lipsticks to pair with a dramatic eye.)



Since trying it, however, the enthusiasm has faded. This nude goes on a bit patchy; teasing out an even coat is rather difficult, requiring more effort than I prefer to give - too much effort for a shade that isn't particularly special and a level of quality that isn't spectacular otherwise. Furthermore, Darling is absolutely unforgiving to dryness. Even with a balm underneath the color seems to suck all the moisture from the lips, revealing every little chap and dry spot. Wear-time is a measly 2-2.5 hours for me. Unfortunately for GOSH, this product is a miss.


Since I like to end on a positive note, I'm reviewing Shocking Coral second. What a difference! Where Darling falls this lipstick holds strong - it works harmoniously with my balm, keeping chapped lips at bay for the duration of its wear. Shocking Coral lasts about 3 hours which, though not impressive, is fair. And what a gorgeous color! I don't see coral so much as a bright, orange-ish poppy, and I love it!  


In summary:


 These lipsticks are $12.50 each and may be found online and at many European drugstores.

Are you intrigued? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment