Wednesday, September 7, 2011

NOTD - China Glaze Brownstone Photos + Swatches

For fellow Americans, hope you had a relaxing three-day weekend! I spent all of Tuesday, the start of the shortened work-week, toiling over a failed experiment that I invalidated through a silly mistake early on, wasting lots of $$ in the process. Yeeeeeah, it's definitely one of those weeks.

Onto greener pastures...

The weather here has abruptly taken a downward turn and the recent hot, humid days have been replaced by their chilly, windy counterparts. Where the other day I was sporting shorts and flip flops, blasting the AC to keep cool, I now have to break out the flannel pjs and thick, woolly socks.

I'm not complaining, though; I find fall to be quite a cozy time. Mountainous piles of raked leaves; the start of the dance and theatre season; Halloween (though I'm not a big celebrator/decorator/dresser-upper, I do quite enjoy the tingling, anticipatory atmosphere); wrapped in a warm blanket, curled up with a good book and a cup of chocolate chai; brisk walks with the pup; jazz (which is my nearly exclusive music of choice during autumn, for whatever reason); pumpkin-flavored treats -- all things I love about these transitory months!

Something else I love? China Glaze's Brownstone from the current Metro Chic collection. I'm not a big collector of reds or variations thereof, but this is such a warm, chocolaty red and it reminds me of falling leaves and a hearty snuggle with a loved one.



Gorgeous, and exactly the color I'm in the mood for. :)

What do you love about fall?

0 comments:

Post a Comment