Friday, September 23, 2011

Givenchy Gloss Interdit Ultra-Shiny Color Plumping Effect in 07 Glamorous Fuchsia - Review, Photos, Swatches

If nothing else this blog has taught me to be more adventurous in my beauty purchases--as long as the vendor has a good return policy--buying product with little to no prior experience or knowledge of the brand/item. I'm usually an impulsive shopper, but not so with makeup; there's just so much that could go wrong, and I already often feel one stray brush stroke away from looking like an 80's drag queen who got done up in the dark using her toes. Plain old 'drag queen' is a fun look I often return to, especially for nights out, but when your coworkers, quite immune to your makeup experiments, give you the side glance, you know it's time to put down the glitter mascara!

Anyway, since lipgloss is fairly foolproof and only dangerous if you're half asleep and really really really distracted (this is how I got gloss in my nose, once), it was a good experimental buy to start with. I picked up Givenchy's Gloss Interdit Ultra-Shiny Color Plumping Effect in 07 Glamorous Fuchsia ($26.50 for 0.21oz) at Sephora.


I'm a fan of doe-foot wands but I must say, I quite like this brush! The stiffness and density of the bristles allows for perfect control and easy application.

Glamorous Fuchsia is a vibrant hot pink with delicate microglitter!


I'm a bit in love with this gloss; the color is opaque, vivid, and very, very nice. A bit tacky but fairly resistant to movement and not sticky. This pink lasts 3-4 hours on me, which is spot on for a lipgloss. Yes, Glamorous Fuchsia is a gem, nailing every trait I look for in a lip product... except scent. Oh, goodness, the scent! Why? D:

So I'm exaggerating a bit, and the smell does fade as time wears on--but I can't help but be disappointed at the strange berry/floral mixture. Because it reminds me of Essence lipgloss (which I adore), I associate it with cheap drugstore cosmetics. [This isn't a bad thing, but not pleasing when you shelled out $26.50 for a cosmetic!] I realize this is totally a matter of personal preference and I happen to prefer unscented, light vanilla, or light rose. It might be right up your alley, though!

Overall, I'm satisfied with my Givenchy purchase and look forward to try more from the brand. Have you tried Givenchy's lipgloss?

0 comments:

Post a Comment