Thursday, January 5, 2012

Coastal Scents Go Palette in Moscow - Review, Photos, Swatches

Happy 2012! I sincerely wish you the best year yet - Here's to trying something new, exploring the unknown, and finding the happiness, satisfaction, energy, and passion in our lives. Let the mantra of the coming months be to discover, to love, and to be kind, both to others and to ourselves. :)

When Coastal Scents had their recent sale, I took this as a hint that it was prime time to try some of the palettes I had been eyeing. One of these was the Go Palette Moscow. 


The Go Palette series consists of seven square palettes, a little larger than your average blush contact, named after various cities of the world. They are travel friendly, containing twelve shadows each about the size of a dime. 


Very nice assortment of colors, and they do remind me of the vibrant Russian folk costumes! The following swatches are ordered left to right, top to bottom -


I was very pleased with the color payoff - the shades are pigmented and smooth, with gorgeous opacity. The only one that annoys me with its mediocrity is the second shade of the second row. Shame! This glittery gray is chalky, powdery, and quite sheer; I've seen worse, but I can tell you I will probably not be reaching for this shadow often. The wear-time varies throughout the compact: Some colors applied easily and held steady 18 hours later, while some felt difficult to maneuver across the eyelid and began creasing after about seven hours. (All were worn with primer.) I haven't tested all twelve shadows to give you specifics but rest assured that the quality is quite good overall, and I believe few would find this palette disappointing. 

Did you take advantage of the Coastal Scents sale? Spill your haul! And, as always, thanks for reading. I truly appreciate it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment