Tuesday, January 31, 2012

nails inc. Fashion's Night Out Nail Polish - Photos, Swatches, Review

Ever buy something impulsively because it looked neat online, only to be disappointed when the order arrived?

That's sort of the position I find myself in now. nails inc.'s Fashion's Night Out nail polish ($9.50) looks so beautiful and complex on Sephora's website. Here it is in person -

Yes, FNO is a pretty steely navy frost with an excellent formula and a smooth, non-fussy texture. One coat nearly sufficed, though I applied two as usual. Once dry the streaks mostly disappear. I appreciate the thread of charcoal shimmer that elevates this lacquer from the realms of pedestrianism to endow it a bit of distinction, but on the whole I'm not overly impressed. That's not to say this isn't a beautiful color - I think FNO is a gorgeous silvery dark blue; I just feel that I already have similar and, because it's the only special edition item, I was hoping for a little more character and creativity.

Again, the formula is high quality, as is the norm for nails inc. There really is nothing wrong with this polish technically, but I would check my stash for a dupe before purchasing! You may find that you can save yourself the $9.50 :)

Thank you for reading! Have you made any recent beauty purchases that you regretted?

0 comments:

Post a Comment