Thursday, January 12, 2012

Coastal Scents Go Palette in Paris - Review, Photos, Swatches

Another Coastal Scents Go Palette for you! This time we're traveling to Paris with this collection of chic, earthy, smoggy tones of smokey grays, browns, reds, blues, and purples. 


L to R 1st and 2nd row
L to R, 3rd row
The Paris palette follows the pattern of the other Go Palettes in having twelve dime-sized shades housed in black plastic packaging. It's quite sturdy and weighty for the price. I think the colors are very fitting and elegant, and in my opinion suited for the Paris theme as well as the Moscow palette suited its city (I must admit, however, that I've never been to France and am basing my assessment on pictorial, literary, and anecdotal experience :). Once again, the color payoff and quality is excellent. A few of the shades (particularly the glittery ones) were a tad dry and powdery, but very much workable. Personally I enjoy the color story of the Moscow palette a little more, but I believe Paris will suit more people for its grace, relative neutrality, and subtleness. It's classic with a twist.

I believe I forgot to list pricing in my previous pricing. Coastal Scents offers the Go Palettes on their website for $8.95 each, though they are frequently on sale for 30% off (knocking the price down to roughly $6 apiece). Either way, it's a sweet deal!

Thank you sooo sososo much for reading! I really appreciate it :) In a different vein - did any of you catch the premiere of the 2nd season of Face Off on Syfy last night? Looks promising...

0 comments:

Post a Comment