Friday, January 27, 2012

Orly Nail Polish in Androgynie, Au Champagne, and Oui - Review, Photos, Swatches

Now is as good a time as any to post this Orly collection since Sally Beauty Supply has, as of the past weekend, a pretty sweet clearance! The three polishes featured in this post, along with an array of other Orly, China Glaze, and Finger Paints lacquers, are on sale for $1.99-$2.99 each. It's your final chance to stock up on any missed holiday collections, as well as a variety of colorful crackles (something tells me the crackle craze is on its way out, and it couldn't come swiftly enough).

I must give accolades where they are deserved and declare that I am utterly infatuated with Orly's Holiday Soiree collection! I daresay I would have purchased more, if I wasn't so confident that I had adequate dupes.  
L to R: Au Champagne, Oui, Androgynie
Androgynie
This is a stellar deep brown/black jelly with multi-colored, multi-sized, multi-shaped glitter. My photos are somewhat deceptive; before swatching the bottle had been resting on its side, and that's where the glitter gathered. All the shaking in the world couldn't have helped distribute the stubborn particles uniformly! Consequently, imagine the glitter slightly denser than what is pictured. It's nevertheless a beautiful shade.

Au Champagne
I was surprised to like this one as much as I do. It is a creamy pearl fine shimmer, but it is unique in that it has something of a flat/satiny finish. It's a soft white too, so it does NOT look like you white-washed your nails with industrial strength bleach. Very pretty.

Oui
I hardly needed a second coat on this one! Oui is a pinky/purple/gold shimmer foil. Very much a shade I would typically wear, but I feel I've seen variations of this in the OPI Glam Slam collection and Orly's previous Mineral and Cosmic FX collections. Perhaps a bit recycled, but a top quality polish with a fantastic formula.

All lacquers were swatched with two coats. Absolutely NO application issues; perfection, or as close as one can get to it, in terms of consistency and texture. Some truly lovely hues as well, and I love the amity of the color story as a whole. These polishes are available on clearance at Sally's, and regular price (I assume) at various online retailers.

Have you picked any of these up?

Thanks for reading! If you enjoy my blog, please feel free to follow me! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment