Monday, January 30, 2012

Sephora Prisma Chrome Eyeshadow in Emerald Facet, Moon Beam - Review, Swatches, Photos

Sometimes, very, very rarely, the magpie in a dusty and closely guarded corner of my head lets loose and entices me to buy shiny things which my instincts tell me that, while pretty, are not the best quality and will likely lay abandoned in my bottom cosmetics drawer (note: my bottom drawer is where makeup goes to die).

That's how I ended up with two of Sephora's Prisma Chrome Eyeshadows!

L to R: Emerald Facet 25, Moon Beam 05
Beautiful, no? Like shimmery seashells from a far-away galaxy! Emerald Facet is an... emerald (dur :B) green with a gorgeous duochrome-y gold sparkle. Moon Beam is a rich, pinky beige shimmer. The Prisma Chromes come in sleek, lacquered black compacts with a mirror. The packaging is a bit bulky, as it has to be high enough not to flatten the wavy, 3D design of the shadow. For me it's a non-issue, but I mention it for the sake of meticulousness.


I was pleasantly surprised, expecting substandard quality from a 'cheap' (relative to their other products) house brand. However, the pigmentation is amazing! The colors are lovely! Emerald Facet is unique to anything I have in my stash, primarily due to the way it flashes gold with the changing light; I absolutely adore it! The finish on both shades is bright, velvety, and soft. Moon Beam is a wonderful neutral too, warm and subtle but interesting nevertheless. The wear-time is pretty excellent - with a primer, the eyeshadows wore 15+ hours with minimal creasing and fading. The consistency is rather hard but it's not hard to scrape product onto the brush. Application is easy, as is blending. Overall, a great purchase.

The Sephora Prisma Chrome Eyeshadows are available at Sephora for $15 each and I whole-heartedly recommend them! Not only is the product top-notch, the intricate design of the shades is like a miniature, fun little piece of art.

Speaking of art... (see the masterful transition? 8D) The other day I had the indisputable pleasure of seeing one Joshua Bell in concert. In an attempt to retain at least some dignity and not turn into a giggly, love-struck thirteen-year-old, I will only say that it was positively brilliant. I admire the dedication and camaraderie between musician and instrument, a kinship that always eluded me when I myself played the violin but something I always strived for. I will share one of my favorite of his pieces, the beautiful and romantic Zigeunerweisen by Pablo de Sarasate -


:) Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment