Monday, April 1, 2013

OPI Oz Glints of Glinda, Lights of Emerald City, Don't Burst My Bubble, I Theodora You - Photos, Review, Swatches

Yipes, guys! This weekend was so hectic it felt like no weekend at all D: I'm therefore behind on my self-imposed posting schedule, but hope to get back on track by this weekend. Hope everyone had a lovely, stress-free holiday!

Sooo, Oz! I haven't seen the movie (haven't even seen the original), but I did pick up some of OPI's lacquer releases for the film. I loved the ballet-themed Soft Shades OPI made recently so even though I normally don't fall in love with these kind of subtle shades, these are too squishy and jelly-like for me not to adore! I don't reach for sheer neutrals often but when I do, I reach for Dos Equis OPI Soft Shades!

I got Glints of Glinda, Don't Burst My Bubble, Lights of Emerald City, and I Theodora You:

All swatches are three coats. Here's Don't Burst My Bubble, a soft, warm white -

Glints of Glinda, a yellow-tinted nude beige -

I Theodora You, a milky cool pink -

I Theodora You with one coat of Lights of Emerald City -


The formula on the jellies was spectacular - smooth, easy to work with, and only showing minimal streaks on Don't Burst My Bubble. Theodora was most pigmented, completely opaque in three coats. So squishy, I want to poke them! There was some fishing involved with Lights of Emerald City, but I do love the look of this topcoat (especially the white squares!). Overall, I know these will be staples in my collection as either a base for a bolder look or on their own for something 'work-appropriate' and traditional.

These are available at Ulta stores for $9.

What do you think??

2 comments:

  1. Oh the first three can definitely be used to make those "jelly sandwiches" lol, these shades do seem very similar to the ballerina collection OPI had just a while back though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah yep, if you have those you probably don't need these! I just love them so much, I had to have both :P

      Delete