Friday, March 29, 2013

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Eyeshadow in Abstraction - Review, Photos, Swatches

Today I have Fracas's soulmate and partner in Chanel's Spring collection, the Illusion D'Ombre Eyeshadow in 88 Abstraction. 


Abstraction is a coral-pink shimmer, soft and sophisticated. For those unfamiliar with Chanel's Illusion D'Ombre eyeshadow, the formula is a bouncy, light cream. They are long-lasting and super blendable, and great either as a base for a more intense look or on their own as a single wash of color. This is perhaps my current favorite formula for eyeshadow - truly excellent and top-notch, won't smudge or budge once it settles. Another winner (surprise, surprise) from Chanel ;)

88 Abstraction

Beautiful color, one of my favorite types of hues for this time of year. As mentioned previously, there's no criticism I can give to this lovely little gem. So what're you waiting for?! If it's within your budget I suggest you run to your nearest Chanel counter and snap up Abstraction for breezy, fresh spring and summer looks - you won't regret it!

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Eyeshadow in Abstraction is available through the Chanel site as well at through Chanel counters. It retails for $36.




Let's talk about tattoos, baby

I love tattoos, in theory. I love the way the quality ones look, I love the seemingly endless license for artistic creativity they allow, and I love the the deep meaning they can express. (In theory.) In practice, however, I am 100% tattoo-less. The reason for this is two-fold, I suppose - first, I don't have a clear idea of what design I would want; I have no special person or event to commemorate, and some of the traditional tattoo designs (owls, butterflies, hearts, etc.) don't really hold enough of a significance for me to be etched permanently onto my body. Secondly, I can't help but to wonder how my feelings for ink might change in 20+ years - will I regret my decision? Will the tattoo not age well? Will I have to spend a load of money later to have it removed?

So, will I ever pull the proverbial trigger and get one? Maybe, maybe not. Probably not. Possibly? Who knows!

What I do know, however, is that if I were to get some ink, I would love to get it done by the amazingly talented and brilliant Amanda Wachob. Here's some of her work, taken from her website


Positively stunning, no? Such a distinctive, delicate, brush-like style - reminds me watercolor paintings. I love to see that innovative minds like Amanda's are sharing their art with the us; as Dostoevsky said, 'beauty will save the world'. :) Check out more of Amanda's work here.

Do you have any tattoos? Please feel free to share links to your favorite tattoo artists - I love looking at creative portfolios!


1 comment:

  1. WOw those tattoos are beautiful. But they are so permanent, you know, I don't think I can make that commitment.

    ReplyDelete