Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hard Candy Nail Polish in Crush on Amethyst, Crush on Caribbean, Crush on Lava, Piece of Papaya, Crush on Tin - Photos, Review, Swatches

As soon as I set eyes on the new Hard Candy nail polishes, I knew they were bad news... for my wallet! D: Luckily they made my hands VERY happy, which is how I justified purchasing a dozen or so ;) Anyway, here is the first part of my haul. I'm pretty thrilled with these!

Crush on Amethyst, a brilliant medium purple with complex (and stunning!) gold accents -




Crush on Caribbean, a shimmering turquoise blue. Again, more beautiful and complex than my photos can show -




Crush on Lava. Gah, you know how people describe things as having the color and gradient of beetle wings? This really, really does resemble that, and it's gorgeous. Crush on Lava is a violet red that shifts orange/gold/brown. Beyond. Words.




Piece of Papaya, a warm coral/pink with gold flecks -





Crush on Tin, a baffling but intriguing mix of slate, forest green, gold, and brown -



WOW. I'm impressed with all of the shades shown above! I had no issues with the formula (all swatches are two coats) and the texture is smooth and pigmented. These new Hard Candy lacquers are high-quality, affordable drugstore options for nail fanatics seeking unique, non-traditional shades and at $4 a piece, they're practically a steal! It's damn near impossible to choose a favorite, but if pressed I would say my heart belongs to Crush on Lava and Crush on Tin. All are fabulous, though, and I will no doubt put them to good and heavy use. Now to prevent myself from scurrying off to buy all 48 hues in this new Hard Candy release... 8D

All 48 new Hard Candy polishes are available at Walmart for $4 each. Have you checked these out yet? What do you think?

Thank you for reading, and please consider following me if you enjoy the contents of this blog :)

2 comments:

  1. Pretty swatches. I really like Piece Of Papaya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Helen! I was debating whether to get Papaya, but I'm glad I did!

      Delete