Friday, April 19, 2013

China Glaze Texture Polish in Itty, Bitty, & Gritty and Of Coarse! - Review, Photos, Swatches

Have you jumped on the texture polish train yet? I was intrigued from the very first time I saw my very first press release and have tried three brands' versions, so far. Here I have two lacquers from China Glaze!

Itty, Bitty, & Gritty (L), Of Coarse!
Itty, Bitty, & Gritty, a medium coral rose pink -

Of Coarse!, a bright sky blue -

The grit on these is pretty interesting - not so tightly packed and on the larger side. The base underneath the texture has a semi-glossy finish that provides a nice contrast to the sand. Personally, China Glaze's take on textured lacquer is not my favorite but if it IS your cup of tea, I can tell you that the formula is great! Very easy to work with and dries quickly. I used two coats for the photos above. Overall, these are quality polishes if you like the look; also, if you prefer a more subtle, singular color to the complex, glittery ones that dominate Zoya and OPI's textured range, these are a good option!

China Glaze varnishes may be purchased at Ulta, Sally Beauty, and various e-tailers, for about $7.50 per bottle.

Thank you SO much for reading/commenting/following! :) What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. hmmmm, still not into textured polish :/
    but thank you for the review~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one of those things you either love or hate! :)

      Delete
  2. I prefer glittery textured polishes. These remind of the bumpy nerd jelly beans that come out every easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer glitter too - but it's good that there are options out there!

      Delete