Sunday, April 14, 2013

Spring Essie Polishes (Cont'd)! First Dance, Turquoise and Caicos, Smooth Sailing - Photos, Review, Swatches

Today I have three more Essie polishes that I believe are fitting for the Spring/Summer season! 


First Dance, a bright true red that was part of the wedding collection a few years back. What a cheeky color for a wedding day! There are many red polishes out there in the big bad world, and I have a good-sized collection of my own, but this red particularly struck me as appropriate for the season; it's sassy and sexy and all the other adjective normally associated with this hue, but light and vibrant enough to still be playful and fun for the beach. Applied like a dream as well. 

Turquoise and Caicos, a pretty true light turquoise. At first this struck me as similar to China Glaze's For Audrey, but I think T&C is more green and the tiniest bit dustier. Quite gorgeous.

Smooth Sailing, a beautiful medium periwinkle blue with large shimmer. I've never been on a private yacht but if I were, I imagine this would be the perfect color to complement a wide-brimmed floppy hat and striped nautical sweater B) Lovely.

Anyway, as is my experience with Essie, the formula on these was pretty spectacular. Essie may be bought for $8 each at Ulta and various e-tailers.

Well, another work/school week gone and the next about to begin. Can't say I'm too excited to say farewell to the weekend, but I suppose it can't be helped.

Thanks for reading! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment