Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring Polishes! Essie Nail Lacquer in First Timer, Van D'Go, and Come Here! - Photos, Review, Swatches

I was looking through my Essie drawer and pulled out three random bright and beautiful polishes for spring/summer! Essie is pretty great brand overall, and these lacquers follow the trend. I'm excited to show you these!

L to R: Come Here!, Turquoise and Caicos, Smooth Sailing, First Timer, Van D'Go, First Dance

First Timer, a light seafoam green creme. Lovely color, very beach-y! Doesn't play well with my skin tone, though -

Essie Van D'Go, a pale coral cream. In real life it's more orange, a true coral, rather than the pink lean you see. Very flattering and gorgeous! I'm not great at judging what's an appropriate color, but I think this is still subdued enough to be work-friendly -

Come Here!, a slightly dusty, fiery orange-red. Makes me want to go salsa dancing! Perfect for hot summer nights ;) -

All these are great options for a playful pop of color for these warmer seasons! The formula was good, easily manageable, and I used three thin coats for each of the colors above. Van D'Go is one of my absolute favorite pastels - it's gorgeous and fresh but without that demure attitude of most pastels, you know? I'll have the rest of ones photographed probably next Monday.

Essie is available at Ulta for $8 and at various e-tailers.

Thanks for reading! Please follow if you enjoy this blog :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome swatches! I really like First Timer. Essie is one of those brands that I don't have a lot of.

    ReplyDelete