Thursday, August 4, 2011

Giorgio Armani Rouge d'Armani Lipstick 507 - Review, Swatches

Do you ever wish your life were a musical? I've been wanting to do "jazz hands" (and maybe a step-ball-change or two) all day today, no idea why. (Maybe because it's Thursday, which means only one day until the weekend!) I resisted the urge, though, as there are certain times when jazz hands just aren't socially acceptable - during a driving exam (that you want to pass), at a funeral, and while you are handling delicate and dangerous radioactive chemicals that can potentially spell widespread DOOM* (see footnote below). I've spent most of the workday immersed in the third option :)

Now that I'm home I can jazz-hand it up to my little heart's content. But first! A review post~~

I picked up a couple of items when Giorgio Armani had their recent F&F sale, and one of those items was Rouge d'Armani Lipstick in 507 (regularly $30).


Such sleek and elegant packaging! The tube is oval-ish and closes magnetically - Just slide the top half-way and the magnet will take over, easily snapping the lid into place. Pretty neat trick!

The color is a fresh, natural, semi-sheer mid-pink -


Here is what it looks swatched and on the lips:



The color is more subtle than I usually wear but still pretty and the formula is exceptional, probably the best I've encountered in a lipstick. It lasts seven (!!!) hours on me, surviving even through my morning green tea and snack. Once on 507 feels slick and rich, neither tacky nor drying. One of my favorite aspects is that it is totally taste and scent free! I like a nicely scented lip product as much as the next gal, but I hate when I feel like the company's aim is to strangle me with the strength of a thousand rose petals (I'm lookin' at you, Chanel!).

Overall a massive hit from Armani, and the price is fair for a luxury brand. I can't wait to check out more of these!

*Not really.

0 comments:

Post a Comment