Sunday, December 25, 2011

LA Splash Nail Polish in Arctic Gleam, Pretty Jellyfish, Sparkling Torpedo - Review, Swatches, Photos

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Hope you were able to celebrate with family, friends, and delicious foodstuffs! (I haven't yet eaten anything today as I'm still satiated from yesterday!)

Anyway, enough messing about; time to get back into the rhythm of work! This is a fairly smallish post where I share with you a few of my LA Splash nail lacquers. It is a relatively new brand to me, both in polishes and in makeup, but I'm enjoying their fun, colorful, and sparkling takes on an ethereal ocean theme. I hope to swatch my entire collection from this company in time.

First is Arctic Gleam, a lustrous, pearly, seafoam green/blue -
I adore Arctic Gleam, though I wish it were less sheer (three coats are pictured, and the nail line is quite visible). Very pearly, very subtle, very icy. I'm curious to see how this holds up layered (perhaps over a dark blue?).

Pretty Jellyfish, a shimmering lavender with silver and dark violet glitter -
Pretty Jellyfish is such a fun color - it looks like the base was sprinkled with black pepper :P What you see is two coats, and it covered well while still retaining iridescence.

This glitterbomb is Sparkling Torpedo, a predominantly holographic glitter with interspersed multi-colored glitter -

Sparkling Torpedo is simply outstanding, if you like that sort of thing! (That sort of thing being loud, in-your-face, stand-out nails with the capability to blind, if the sun hits them just so :D) The polish market has been flooded recently with glitter polishes, so you may be over the trend; however, remember that Sparkling Torpedo was around before glitters resurged in popularity not too long ago (and thus deserves a look!), and also that it is quite unique to any seasonal releases I've seen. The fabulous multi-color and pizazz of the shade make it perfect for a New Year's Eve soiree or any party, really. The only complaint I have is that the formula on this is a bit thick and gummy, but still workable.

LA Splash has some wonderful, unique colors available that don't take themselves too seriously. As far as wear-time and all that, I'll update you once I paint a full manicure. I'll also let you know just how badly the glitters gobble up topcoat ;)

LA Splash's nail lacquers are available at Cherry Culture for $3.99 each. I've heard some Ultas carry them, though I've never seen it in my area.

Thanks for reading! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment