Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sinful Colors Extra Shiny Lipgloss in Pucker Up, Carnival - Review, Swatches, Photos

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who didn't know that Sinful Colors made a product other than nail lacquer, until a few days ago when I ran into their lipglosses at Walgreens... literally. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and I literally body-checked the hanging display so hard it rattled and swayed precariously on its flimsy little hooks. Some tubes even decided to abandon ship and jumped overboard. The girl who was stocking haircare items further down the aisle gave me a long, unimpressed stare before going back to work, pretending not to have noticed my embarrassing fumble 8D

After I got over that awkward snafu I purchased two colors, Pucker Up and Carnival, at $1.99 a piece.
L to R: Carnival, Pucker Up
Note - if you decide to purchase SC's Extra Shiny Lipgloss I recommend twisting off the top to make sure that the stopper (which wipes excess product from the wand as you take it out of the tube) is there. Carnival was missing this piece, so when I unknowingly whipped the applicator out I got gooey gloss everywhere. Luckily I was still in the Walgreens parking lot and was able to run in and get it exchanged, but save yourself the hassle and check beforehand!

The applicator is your standard sponge-tip doe-foot affair -

Here's Pucker Up, a pale pink nude -
No Flash
Flash
This is Carnival, a deep berry red -
No flash
Flash
Pucker Up is the more opaque of the two shades, though neither provide full coverage. Carnival is sheer, probably best for layering, and I imagine it would look absolutely breathtaking atop Make Up For Ever's  Moulin Rouge! The texture of the formulas is quite different across these two glosses; Pucker Up is thicker, tackier, and more globby, while Carnival is very, VERY thin - like, I thought it might run off my lips if I applied too much! (It doesn't, though, just feels that way.) The scent is pleasant, a light vanilla odor similar to that found in MAC lipsticks, and it fades within a few minutes. If, like me, you hate being overwhelmed by the sickeningly sweet or fruity scents commonly found in drugstore cosmetics, this smell should not bother you! In terms of longevity, these last about 1.5-2 hours on me - not particularly stellar, but fair for a gloss.

Overall, I think these are great for the price. There were shimmer shades available as well if that's what you're looking for. Have you gotten any of the Sinful Colors lip glosses? How do you like them?

Thanks for reading! :)

1 comment:

  1. i love that pucker up color, and for the price it is a steal. thanks for the review!

    xo

    http://www.blushingbasics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete