Friday, November 18, 2011

NOTD - Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer in Forget You - Photos, Swatches, Review

Super-quick nail of the day (technically, more like week)! This is Deborah Lippmann's nail polish in Forget You, a multi-colored, multi-sized glitter in a black jelly base. This is three coats. (Please excuse the tipwear - this was about five days after application.)

I have massive/crazy/obsessive love for this color! I don't think I've seen anything similar, ever, but please tell me if you have; A cheaper alternative is always appreciated! The black base is fairly smoky and sheer, but buildable; three coats gave nearly full coverage. The time-saving option is to paint one coat of the glitter over a black base, like CND's Blackjack! The consistency of Forget You was spot on, not chunky or goopey like some glitters tend to be. The one issue for me is that this formula, unlike most others by Deb Lippmann, started chipping on me around day 4-5, especially on the thumbs. I've generally had a good experience with this brand (about six-seven days of chip-free wear), but something about this one didn't jive with my nail chemistry. Hm. The shade is unique enough, however, for me to overlook this minor defect.

I'm not sure Forget You is available on its own - I couldn't find any info on the company's website. I purchased this as part of the Get This Party Started Set, which also includes Candy Shop (multi-colored glitter in pink base, new shade) and Happy Birthday (multi-colored glitter in clear base, part of the regular line).

Happy Friday! I'm so relieved it's the weekend finally!

0 comments:

Post a Comment