Saturday, October 22, 2011

e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeliners in Metallic Olive, Plum Purple - Review, Swatches, Photos

There are some things I've not the willpower to resist - a good sample sale; stopping by Starbucks after work on cold evenings for a soothing green tea latte, non-fat with double matcha; making kissy faces at my pup when he's trying to sleep, which annoys him to no end but brings me a great deal of pleasure :); documentaries, especially on the subject of classical music, dance, or the fine arts (I'm not much of a fiction fan, either in print or in cinema); eating round foodstuffs (cookies, bread, etc.) in a circle from the outside to the center; and, the only item relevant to this blog really, untraditionally colored cream or gel eyeliners!

I was thrilled when I found that e.l.f., an inexpensive drugstore brand, offered shades beyond the conventional black and dark brown. I purchased two of the Studio Cream Eyeliners ($3 each) in Purple Plum and Metallic Olive.
The containers are adorable, much sturdier than the $3 price tag warrants!

L to R: Metallic Olive, Plum Purple
L to R: Metallic Olive, Plum Purple with flash
The colors are both gorgeous! Here they are swatched -
L to R: Metallic Olive, Plum Purple
L to R: Metallic Olive, Plum Purple with flash

I'm enamored with Olive especially - look at that fine gold shimmer! Brilliant and beautiful. Plum is a deep, velvety royal purple and also very, very lovely.

In terms of wear time, these e.l.f. liners are tops. I wore both for 12+ hours with no smudging and very minimal fading. I also tried rubbing at the eyeliner vigorously and both persevered against budging very well (if I'm nit-picking, Metallic Olive was just a stitch more hardy than Plum Purple). I'm very impressed by e.l.f.'s formula and how well these creams perform. I want them alllll now, and with the bargain-basement price I might just allow myself to have them :D They have my highest recommendation!

Thanks for reading! Are you an e.l.f. fan?

0 comments:

Post a Comment