Wednesday, February 8, 2012

NOTD - Illamasqua Scarab Photos, Swatches

I haven't posted a Nail of the Day in quite a while! Confession - this isn't a nail of today, but a nail of a day from a day a few weeks ago (got it? 8D). My nails are currently in polish rehab until I can get the cracks to grow out. It's a struggle not to reach for a cute, shiny color to swipe over my tips, but we do have a 'placebo' (aka nail strengthener) and are doing alright as it is ;)

In any case, here is Illamasqua's Scarab, a goooorgeous ruby red shimmer. It has that dark, rusty undertone of dried blood, if someone (rather psychotically) added a sprinkling of fine glitter and gloss to it -


The formula is excellent, as is on par for the brand. Pictured is day four after application, so you can see tip-wear, but the manicure lasted a good week before it warranted removal. Nothing else to say, really, other than that I whole-heartedly recommend Scarab if you are looking for a lusty, vampy red! It is available at Sephora for $14.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Scarab is so beautiful, but I own similar shades and I can't afford to spend $14 on a color I don't really need. Sigh. I should get a rich husband, haha. :D

    ReplyDelete